This blog contains many articles that can help individuals, businesses and local councils to learn more about the emerging digital economy. You can access our content via these links:
Below are a list of links to Digital Economy Resources provided by other organisations. Please let us know if you would like any other links included.
Digital economy planning
- http://www.broadbandtoday.com.au/ – This is an initiative led by the Sunshine Coast Council as part of its Digital Economy Plan. The site provides information on how to access and use Broadband in your business, community or residence. This site includes material on the NBN and the digital (broadband) economy in a format that suits you and your business or community.
- “The Online Experience of Small and Medium Enterprises” is available in the 2011 Sensis e-Business Report
- National Digital Economy Strategy: http://www.nbn.gov.au and http://www.dbcde.gov.au/digital_economy/programs_and_initiatives
Australian Government, eGovernment and Government2.0 links
- This website is part of the Regional Development Australia: Digital Economy and NBN Readiness Plan for the Hume region project. You can find more information about the project on the RDA Hume website.
- http://www.egov.vic.gov.au – The eGovernment Resource Centre provides access to the Victorian Government body of knowledge on eGovernment, government 2.0, government use of social media and information and communications technology (ICT) and government website best practices, with Australian and international examples.
- Dept Broadband, Communications & the Digital Economy: http://www.dbcde.gov.au
- Digital Business: http://www.digitalbusiness.gov.au
- Do Not Call Register: https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman: http://www.tio.com.au/
- Australian Communication and Media Authority (ACMA): http://www.acma.gov.au/
National Broadband Network (NBN)
- http://www.nbn.gov.au – Official government information site on the NBN
- http://www.nbnco.com.au – NBNCo is the company building the NBN. Their site also contains a map of the current NBN Rollout Plan for each region.
Digital technology and education
- https://www.esmartschools.org.au/ – Help schools create a cultural norm of smart, safe and responsible use of digital technologies.
- Stay Smart Online: http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/
- Cyber Safety: http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/
- Cyber Safety Help Button: http://www.dbcde.gov.au/online_safety_and_security/cybersafetyhelpbutton_download
ACCAN Consumer Guide to the NBN
Warts and all, starting from “what is broadband” to NBN details; a great resource