Our latest case study looks at Beechworth’s WWW.ART web design services – winners of the Excellence in Professional Services award at the 2012 Indigo Shire Business Awards. Owner/operator Fiona Larkings has been helping businesses across the region get online since launching her business 14 years ago.
Since 1998, WWW.ART Design Services has built a strong portfolio of clients from many different industries across the region. We specialise in building cost effective easy to navigate, well-structured web sites for businesses and organisations of all sizes. We work closely with our clients to provide a personalised service, helping them to design and maintain effective, individually tailored websites.
We provide a wide range of services for our customers, from the design and construction of new sites, through to ongoing maintenance, social media integration and email marketing solutions. One of our earliest projects, the Beechworth.com community hub now has over 110 businesses and community organisations on the site, and attracts over 8,000 visitors each month.
Tell us about the web technologies you are using in the business
- Our website acts as a showcase for our services, and a portfolio of our current work.
- Google Analytics provides us with detailed statistics on our website traffic.
- We’re familiar with a range of domain management systems and hosting technologies, which we use to register and manage client domains, and provide web hosting services for our clients.
- An email marketing system helps us manage our mailing list and contacts.
- We also have a business presence on social media services like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Using Webinars for training enables us to keep up with the latest changes in our industry, without constantly needing to travel to metropolitan areas.
What benefits have you gained from using these tools?
We are an internet based business, so without access to these tools our business would not exist. Where possible, we aim to educate all of our clients about the benefits of using these technologies to help them grow their own businesses.
How do you plan to use high speed broadband in your business when the NBN arrives?
The increased speed the NBN offers will help us to do better business, and provide faster delivery of speed for client websites.
What advice do you have for other businesses who want to maximise their use of web technologies?
When setting up a website, find a professional website designer/developer that knows about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Rather than thinking about how the website looks and then later discovering that it doesn’t work, these two elements should work together. Your website developer should also be able to clearly explain the elements required to construct a website, so that you know what you are paying for.
Make sure that your website allows you to update your own content, or that your developer provides support if you find this too difficult. All businesses need to have an online presence so that they can be found in this fast moving world.
You can find out more about WWW.Art through their website, Facebook page or Twitter account.